Google
Blog Promotion

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nightmare of a common man..

'Your contract is going to expire in two weeks from now and we are not renewing it this time. So, you have two weeks for you to complete all your pending tasks and give trasition to the employees'. The words just ignited a bundle of emotions in the body of a generally cool person like me. I started running away. Running away from the end date of my contract.
I kept on running and running, to land up in a boat using which I sailed away from the end date as fast as I could. I wanted to run away for the fear of approaching the end date.

Then, there came a place where the river just ended and I had to get down from the boat. 'Bang', came the sound of a building crashing down when I just got down the boat. I just stared at the building with deep sense of shock,
to find out that it was named 'DOW Jones'. I again started running for the fear of the destruction that's happening right infront of me.

Then, suddenly came a person from the bushes, who had a long beard ,a cloth on his head ,an AK-47 in his hand and cruelty in his eyes. As he came closer to me, I tried to recollect this cruel person. I saw him somewhere. Spark. I saw him on CNN. He none was other than Moulana Masood Azhar, the notorious terrorist, who had recently planned the attack on Mumbai and planned many such in the past. The entire world including the big guy USA, is searching for him. Why is he trying to kill me? I just took a deep dive in the river (which was at its end) to
try to escape the bullet fired by his gun.
While going into the water, I just saw that he was shooting another person who was in the same place. The person just started falling down into the water. I was horrified as I was watching a life being put to an end, just like toasting my waffle in the morning.

This time, it happened to the person beside me. Next time, it could be me.

The thought itself had scared me and then suddenly I saw Masood coming towards me with
his Gun pointed my face under water. He seem to be knowing what is there inside the water.
This time there was no running away.

Masood just dipped his gun inside the water and placed his finger on the trigger and started pulling it....

Click....

I suddenly woke up with a jerk, to realize that I was actually having a nightmare. All the stuff that is being shown on TV, internet and other forms of media seems to be having an evil
effect on me, so much so that I'm keep getting dreams containing all these overtly highlighted news by the media. A glass full water in a single gulp helped me to get back to sleep.
My problem was fixed with a single glass of water.

Was it really fixed? Well.It was not fixed, it was just given a workaround for the time being. It can only be fixed by spreading peace across the world, which can only be done by a good political system and robust economic system (at least in India), which can never be achieved.

All the people who are displaying their anguish on politicians, will be able to get their pictures on the news papers, which will neglect them someday, at least when some other interesting news comes.

And slowly everyone again will get back to their 'chalta hain' attitude.
So, I will have to manage with this workaround.
A glassful of water in the middle of the night, everyday.

1 comments:

Tweety said...

how true that i get the same kind of night mares with a different plot..
i am here sitting and waiting daily thinking when would be chennai's chance of getting blown away...
u know wat...not a week since the terror attacks...politicos started their dirty games again on the name of elections and the media diverted the whole issue on them..
tuesday morning headlines changed and instead of wat they wanna do on the issue of terrorism ...they are simply banging selves on their win in the elections...
the beeming faces of politicos replaced the issue of terrorism which was burined in the inside folds of a newspaper which was reigning since 26/11...

 
eXTReMe Tracker